Monday, January 28, 2008

The Results Are In


I know all of you have been anxiously awaiting the results of the wok off. Well, Jodee and I both slaved away to create our best Asian concoction for the enjoyment of our panel of judges (Andy and Jamie, shown below) who so diplomatically called it a draw, one vote Jodee, one vote Steven. It came down to sweet vs. spicy in this no holds barred culinary standoff, but at the end of the day, I think I gained a little respect in the kitchen. I went from the title of domestically inept right past assistant dishwasher straight to vegetable chopper. I have a long way to go before I can throw together casseroles and the like, but I make a great helper. In fact last night Jodee and I made some great spinach, mushroom and chicken enchiladas (also below). I think before long, making dinner together will be one of our favorite activities. There will be plenty more opportunities to impress as Jodees' folks get here on Thursday. We have all kinds of fun things planned for them as it is there first time to come to China. We will keep you guys up to date on the fun adventures we are soon to share with family. Goodbye all!!

5 comments:

Senior Potters said...

Wow, Steven, I guess the Potter genes are kicking in. Dad and I have always enjoyed cooking together. He cooks and I help. Looks like you guys are having a great time.
Love you,
Mom

Kristian and Katy said...

so fun! i wish we could have judged!
we love a good wok-off.

thanks for the updates. it's great to see what's going on with you two.
~katy

Donald and Angela said...

Awesome man... a tie is pretty darn good! Also, Ang and I will forward along a menu of items and you guys can cook off every night we are there!

Anyway, nice post... see you in a couple and a half weeks!

Kristian and Katy said...

Well played, Potter. But I don't believe you. Jodee obviously won the wok-off. You couldn't hold her spatula - rookie.

R said...

I wish I could have been there to be a taste tester. Steven, you have impressed us all with your vegetable-chopping abilities! I must admit, I was surprised; I expected Jodee to win hands down!