Jodee and I have just returned from our nine day adventure that took us to Bangkok, Phuket and the beautiful Phi Phi Islands. This trip was for my annual R&R. It was great to get out of the office and escape the cold, but the best part of it was exploring SE Asia for the first time. We spent 2 days in Bangkok, 2 days in Phuket and 5 in the Phi Phi Islands. In Bangkok we ate great food and saw some impressive temples as well and the royal palace. In Phuket we relaxed at our resort and enjoyed the shopping it had to offer as well as riding an elephant. The bulk of our stay was spent on Phi Phi Don, an Island about 2 hours boat ride off the coast of Phuket. This is where the real fun was had. We snorkeled in coves with clear water and shear tropical cliffs, fed monkeys out of our hands and ate at some great hole-in-the-wall Thai food joints. We had plenty of time relaxing in our bungalow and on the beach as well. It is one of the most beautiful places Jodee and I have seen. Shown in one picture is myself enjoying a tasty dish from a street vendor in Bangkok. This got Jodee and I thinking about who could make a better wok dish. I am fairly confident in my abilities so I did what any reasonable husband would, I challenged her to a wok-off. One night, two woks, one wok master. We will have a panel of judges comprised of friends from work who will not know who cooked what. We will keep you posted. Jodee is now getting ready for a quick journey to Honk Kong to work out visa issues for work. This will mark the first time we have been apart since we tied the knot. Big mistake on her part as I will be honing my wok recipe. When Jodee gets back we will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of her parents, aunt and grandma who will get here in a little over a week. They will arrive just in time for Chinese New Years. Well, this is what is happening in our exciting life, we miss all of you and hope you are well.
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Thailand!!
Jodee and I have just returned from our nine day adventure that took us to Bangkok, Phuket and the beautiful Phi Phi Islands. This trip was for my annual R&R. It was great to get out of the office and escape the cold, but the best part of it was exploring SE Asia for the first time. We spent 2 days in Bangkok, 2 days in Phuket and 5 in the Phi Phi Islands. In Bangkok we ate great food and saw some impressive temples as well and the royal palace. In Phuket we relaxed at our resort and enjoyed the shopping it had to offer as well as riding an elephant. The bulk of our stay was spent on Phi Phi Don, an Island about 2 hours boat ride off the coast of Phuket. This is where the real fun was had. We snorkeled in coves with clear water and shear tropical cliffs, fed monkeys out of our hands and ate at some great hole-in-the-wall Thai food joints. We had plenty of time relaxing in our bungalow and on the beach as well. It is one of the most beautiful places Jodee and I have seen. Shown in one picture is myself enjoying a tasty dish from a street vendor in Bangkok. This got Jodee and I thinking about who could make a better wok dish. I am fairly confident in my abilities so I did what any reasonable husband would, I challenged her to a wok-off. One night, two woks, one wok master. We will have a panel of judges comprised of friends from work who will not know who cooked what. We will keep you posted. Jodee is now getting ready for a quick journey to Honk Kong to work out visa issues for work. This will mark the first time we have been apart since we tied the knot. Big mistake on her part as I will be honing my wok recipe. When Jodee gets back we will be eagerly awaiting the arrival of her parents, aunt and grandma who will get here in a little over a week. They will arrive just in time for Chinese New Years. Well, this is what is happening in our exciting life, we miss all of you and hope you are well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Super cool trip, Potters. I enjoyed seeing that crude little monkey even more than seeing you atop the elephant.
I'm eagerly anticipating a post on the new wok master.
Have a great time with your family, Jodee!
Wow! Amazing! Nice photography and nice trip. No one rocks Thailand like the potters rock thailand. See you soon!
So Potters...see that you are riding an elephant...I trust that you researched the business and made sure that they treated their elephants well.
COOL PICS!!!
What an amazing trip you had. Thanks for posting so many pictures! We love you guys.
Post a Comment