Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Very Merry Christmas!!!


Again, Steven and I were on the move. We spent our four day Christmas break in Hong Kong and loved the experience. God has been good to the new Potter family with many blessings. Even though Hong Kong belongs to China, the city has a western feel to it, which was a much-needed break for Steven and I. Even though Steven and I have not been to New York during Christmas season (Kristain and Katy… we might need your help to make this a reality), we both compared Hong Kong to a New York experience. It is a beautiful city located right on the water. Saying that there were lots of people crowding the streets would be an understatement. One of the little things we both appreciated was that many of the people in Hong Kong speak English. We also got to enjoy comforts from home like Outback Steak House and Krispie Kream Doughnuts!!! The city spared no expense when it came to Christmas decorations. The best decorations were seen from the ferry in the harbor. Many of the skyscrapers were lit up with Merry Christmas and Happy New Years signs that were the length of the building.
One day on our trip we ventured to Macau (known as the Las Vegas of Asia). It was quite an experience seeing the details put into building the whole city block complex. We visited the Wynn (beautiful fountains and gardens), the MGM Grand, and the Venetian Casinos (made to look like the streets of Venice).
Another day, Steven and I spent a couple of hours venturing through a twelve-story mall to Christmas shop for each other. It was fun to find random things for each other that neither one of us asked for. We also enjoyed a relaxing afternoon in a movie cinema and saw “I Am Legend” (it was too scary for my taste) and “National Treasure 2”. I know that two movies back to back is a lot, but you have to take the opportunity while it is available.
We hope everyone back home had a wonderful Christmas and want to wish"YA'LL" a Happy New Year!

2 comments:

R said...

A 12-story mall? That's nuts! I can't imagine all that stuff that must surely be packed in there.

Anyway...

Merry Christmas, Potters! We love you guys.

Kristian and Katy said...

We would be delighted to host you for a New York Christmas! It seems like you really need to have a point of comparison for Hong Kong, if nothing else.

We miss you guys.