Hello All!!!
Well, it is officially Christmas time in Bejing as we had our first snow fall. This past Monday, Steven and I woke up to a nice dusting of snow. This Friday is my last day of work for the next three weeks. We will celebrate Christmas... I am thankful that Christmas break is still celebrated in China (I think it helps that I am teaching at a Christain school). My kids just had their Christmas concert last night and it was Stevens only chance to go out on the town Christmas shopping. Shopping for presents in Beijing is a little different... first, there is no big holiday sales. Everything you buy has to be bartered for. Second, anything we have in the US that says "Made in China" you cannot find it here. We get the nice labels that say "Made in USA"... I doubt it. We have been showered with cards and goodie packages from home. They are a nice treat to have and make us feel like we are not so far from home.
This coming Friday Steven and I are heading to Hong Kong for a short visit. I have to get a "Z visa" to officially work here in China. We are excited about the trip. Everything we hear about Hong Kong is positive. It is supposed to be like a European city.... clean and western friendly.
There is not too much going on. Steven and I have been on a kick lately of playing Settlers of Catan with some friends. The pictures posted are of my class. The classroom Christmas party was great. The Korean mothers brought a feast of food and yes those are balloon hats on our heads. The room moms love to entertain and plan parties.
1 comment:
What a cute class, Jodee! Looks like you're having fun! We miss you guys. Merry Christmas a bit early!
Post a Comment