Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Missing Family and Friends


Well, our month long of hosting came to an end on Monday. My parents arrived at the end of January and were joined a week and a half later by my aunt and grandma. The excitement they had seeing all of the uniquely chinese sites and eating the sometimes questionable food was contagious for both Steven and I. All in all, the trip was a success. We enjoyed getting to see loved ones and I think they had a great time seeing China for the first time. Right before my family left, our dear friends Donald and Angela Wallace arrived. Donald and Angela met Steven their freshman year at A&M and have been good friends since. Unfortunately, Steven and I both had to work most of the time they were here, but the evenings were a blast between great dinners and tons of games. There are to many stories to recount them here, but we will look back on this time fondly. Now we feel like empty-nesters with everyone gone, but things are getting back to normal and we enjoy that too. Enjoy some pics of our adventures with our company.






5 comments:

Kristian and Katy said...

aww! so fun! it is so great to have friends and family come when you live in a foreign land. (steven- thanks for coming to visit us in HI!)

that last picture looks like it has a funny (and scary) story behind it.
~katy

Kristian and Katy said...

Man, you guys are awesome! I wish the Roses could have been there. But it would have been awkward for us to show up after Steven told me that, "it would be a cold day in hell before I invite you anywhere ever again."

Miss you guys nonetheless!
~Kristian

R said...

It looks like you all had a blast! Hooray for traveling, although we never seem to do it. =( I'm coveting your ability to travel to all these neat places...at least we get to see pictures! We'll just live vicariously through you, the Roses, and the Wallaces! We love you guys.

Donald and Angela said...

Great post amigos. Thank you for your hospitality and general state of "wonderfulness." Slowly adjusting back to the dallas time -I have only fallen asleep once at work! We will get you guys pics asap - Paris, here we ALL come (roses and whitentons - think how great the 409 plus us wives would be in Paris!!)!

Jay said...

Hopefully some of the game nights included a few rounds of Settlers. You are going to need to practice for at least seven hours a day in order to beat me.